Monday 8 April 2013

Punctuation and other troubles!!

So here we are post three..! Who indeed would of thought?
With over 100 page views in under 4 days, this is turning into a small scale epic.
I often wonder how journalists and authors do this kind of thing. I find it hard writing a good title, never mind a story which has everyone glued to their seats.
My stories are more like..

Once upon a time there was a boy who loved coffee and every day when he woke up he'd have 1 cup, then another... and another...and anotherandanotherandanuvaandanuva... then he would sit and and write incomrehenisible babble which later noone would care about because it is full of poor grammar etc.

But I must learn this writing craft ..

Being out of school for any amount of time you tend to find that proper punctuation and grammar are lost to the innermost depths of your brain. I am constantly second guessing where to put a comma, and don't even get me started on apostrophes... grrr

In fairness my english is terrible. I got a D in High school and had to retake my exam in college.. got a C the second time (and an A in speaking and listening but we will come back to that another day).

So ... what I'd like to know is?

How confident are you with grammar? Do you struggle with full stops or where to put a good comma? or are you a grammatical wizard who knows just where everything should be at all times? If so how do you remember where to put all these dots and dashes? Is there some kind of rhyme or tune to help you remember or does it just take a lot of practice?

Drop me a line.. Leave a Comment below....

Who knows maybe you might win something.

Until next time..

Peace all over your face ..

       Ant
Baffled by the sudden use of grammar!!

1 comment :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Have your say...