Saturday 16 November 2013

Day of the Tentacle and Fimo

"Its high time I settled on a hobby"
I turn and proclaim loudly to the wife.
Now a normal person at this point in their lives (nearing 30 and married) would have found a hobby and would be quite accomplished at it.
However the same cannot be said for me. In the last twelve months I have jumped from Warhammer 40,000 to Yu-Gi-Oh cards to Web design (HTML 5) to adventure game building and everything in between. I wouldn't say I get bored with doing these things its just my mind tends to wander whenever I get stuck into something. Am I nuts?
Anyway my new latest craze is FIMO. FIMO is a type of modelling clay in which once you have finished designing an object you can bake it in the oven to make is solid. Handy for making things like mini statues, magnets, earrings, necklaces...  Basically anything remotely crafty can either be created or enhanced by using this stuff. These guys (pictured) as some of you may remember are Purple and Green Tentacle from the old adventure game classic Day of the Tentacle. Took me about an hour to do and they're only 2cms high!!
Who knows how long this obsession will last but I at least intend to make at least 10 mini figures with this stuff.
Peace all over your face !!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Have your say...